Check carefully track record of your education policy advisors.
This article is written for two reasons:
(1) To provide evidence that President Reagan evidently was interested enough in the content of my 1982 letter to him to want to have a meeting with me regarding the need to abolish the U.S. Dept. of Education. This hard copy evidence, provided by the Ronald Reagan Library, was received by me March 22, 2016 in response to my Freedom of Information Request dated November 6, 2015.
I can’t check this with Dept. of Ed. for reasons that will be clear when you read it. I feel though that maybe I should see this lady regarding the things she has brought up. Let’s talk about this when I get back from this junket.
(2) To make available to all candidates for President of the United States of America information not only regarding the role of the U.S. Dept. of Education in the destruction of American academic education, but also to warn them not to surround themselves with advisors whose agenda may not have anything to do with traditional education designed to create upward mobility for the children of our nation (our children!)
On November 6, 2015, I, Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, after 33 years of wondering why I never received a response from President Reagan related to my July 2, 1982 letter to him, decided to submit a Freedom of Information Request to the Ronald Reagan Library.
That FOI requested any and all information related to a lengthy letter I had written to President Reagan after I was relieved of my duties working as Sr. Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement, U.S. Dept., of Education. My “firing” was due to leaking a federal grant Better Education Skills throughTechnology to Human Events, a Washington, D.C. weekly journal. Human Events subsequently published a lengthy article (cover story) entitled “Secretary’s Technology Initiative: Bell’s Education Department Betrays Reagan Policies” in its May 22, 1982 issue.
(See bottom of post for article)
34 years have passed, years which, had the U.S. Dept. of Education been abolished, might have seen education remain traditionally academic, albeit considerably dumbed down:
(1) not transformed to Skinnerian/Pavlovian/TQM Outcomes/Performance-based lifelong global school-to-work agenda necessary to spin off profits for the global elite.
(2) Education focused on academic competition, excellence, and upward mobility for our children.
(3) Education focused on academic facts and knowledge, not destructive dumbed down, anti-American/U.S. Constitution, pro-globalist value change necessary for U.S. participation in a New Age/communist/fascist world government, aka UN Agenda 2030.
Now, as Paul Harvey would say:
“Here’s the rest of the story”.
What story? The story relates to the role of Edwin Meese III, White House Chief of Staff, closely associated with the late/ former U.S. Commissioner and U.S. Secretary of Education T. H. Bell (who in 1975 wrote the very controversial bible (handbook) for administrators entitled “A Performance (OBE/outcomes based, ed) Accountability System for School Administrators” (available at Amazon.com); and the Heritage Foundation, which, apparently, with the assistance of Mr. Meese, kept President Reagan from meeting with Charlotte Iserbyt regarding her 1982 letter to Reagan requesting him to fulfill his promise to the American people to abolish the U.S. Dept. of Education.
My 1982 letter explained to the President what was going on in the U.S. Department of Education; basically that it was a Marxist research and curriculum development/dissemination factory, and that it had to be abolished.
The story you are about to read, the documentation from the Reagan Library, and the Don Lambro article should be passed on to any one of your favorite presidential candidates, as they go about selecting policy advisors and Cabinet secretaries, especially in regard to so-called “education”, the No.1 elephant in the room. Media coverage and discussion of the history of the successful dumbing down has been a “no no” over a period of 90 years. It’s OK to give local front-page coverage to the firing of the basketball coach, but don’t cover the new “Skinnerian animal training direct instruction reading method necessary for future workforce training” or “globalist anti-American critical thinking” program. That is, if you want to hold onto your job.
Our formerly excellent pre-1965 academic education system has been restructured to replicate the outcome/performance-based Pavlovian communist Soviet, Cuban, Chinese, Finnish, Danish, German, et al polytechnical (workforce training) system.
This has happened due to the U.S. Office of Education and U.S. Dept. of Education taking orders from the following organizations: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the Office of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), UN-associated non-governmental organizations, multinational corporations (public/private partnerships) and other alphabet soup tax-funded and tax-exempt foundations and American educational associations. The transformation of education from academics to workforce training was facilitated by the infamous 1985 U.S.-U.S.S.R. Education agreement, negotiated by President Reagan and Gorbachev, and the Carnegie-Soviet Academy of Science Agreement, 1985. Both of these agreements were supported by the Heritage Foundation, and were the first very tangible real shots across the bow of our nation’s traditional academic education.
I never received a response to that 1982 letter to President Reagan, although John Lofton, a Washington, D.C. journalist and friend of mine, called Reagan’s office and was informed by one of his aides that the President had the letter on his desk, had marked it up, and was forwarding it to White House Chief of Staff Edwin Meese III.